Admission, fees and registration
The registration deadlines for the Master's degree program are set as follows:
- Start spring semester: Mid-November
- Start autumn semester: Mid-June
All further information on registration can be found here:
Further information can be found on the joint website of the three universities on the Master's in Social Work (in German).
You will be admitted to the program if you have…
- a Bachelor's degree or specialist degree in Social work,
- achieved an assessment of «good» (grade 5.0) or a comparable total qualification according to the regulations of the university that has issued the degree, or have passed the admission examination,
- at least 1500 hours practical experience* in social work, (*800 hours must be proven at the beginning of the study, the remaining 700 hours at the latest by the start of the project module.)
- the required language skills.
The application must be submitted to the study administration office in writing and on time.
The following fees apply to the Master's degree in Social Work:
- Registration fee: CHF 100.– (one-off)
- Admission test: CHF 200.– (one-off)
- Tuition fees: CHF 800.– (per semester)
- Examination fees: CHF 30.– (per semester)
- Fees for documents and materials: variable
Our Career Center is available for questions about financing your studies:
Career Center FHS St.Gallen
+41 71 226 18 48
The government grants scholarships and student loans if the student or their parents are unable to cover the full cost of the course themselves.
- Scholarships St.Gallen
- Scholarships Thurgau
- Scolarships Appenzell Innerrhoden
- Scholarships Appenzell Ausserrhoden
- Scholarships Glarus
- Sscholarships Schwyz
- Scholarships Principality of Liechtenstein