JCSP - Joint Chinese Swiss Program
Market Research & Management Design
Supervised teamwork with our partner, Shanghai University, China
Are you looking to gain a better understanding of certain market segments in China? A mixed team consisting of students from the OST St.Gallen and Shanghai University analyses selected market segments for you and develops sales concepts to match your objectives in the Chinese market. The team of students is mentored by lecturers from both universities. Benefit from our many years of experience in China (since 2008).
During the 22-week project implementation phase, which starts at the beginning of March and ends in mid-August, the team will work together in China and Switzerland for 10 days in each country, using the latest online communication tools.
Possible content of real-life student consulting projects in JCSP
The project objectives for the selected market segments in China are defined in advance by the WTT and the client in accordance with the client’s specific requirements.
- Market analyses
size, development, forecasts, distribution, penetration, drivers, barriers, potential
- Competition analysis
key players, market shares, strengths/weaknesses, business models, profiles, USPs, strategies
- (Target) customer analyses
profiles, sectors, expectations, requirements, price acceptance, perception, satisfaction
- Trend analysis
megatrends, technology scouting, substitute products
- Sales analyses and concepts
distribution channels, sales services, sales and service models, marketing and sales concepts
- Partner or site evaluations
- Number of team members: 6 students (3 OST / 3 SHU students)
- Total commitment: approx. 1,000 hours
- Full-time students in semester: OST 6th semester (full-time) / 8th semester (part-time) / SHU with Master’s students
- Project coach: 150 hours (Swiss and Chinese coach combined)
- Statistics coach: as required
- IT coach: as required
- Intercultural mentor: 10 hours
- Final report: approx. 60 pages, plus management summary and appendices
- PR report
- Final presentation: to client
- Confidentiality: all data belong to the client and are treated confidentially
- Language: English
- Start: approx. end of February
- End: mid-August
- Duration: approx. 22 weeks
WTT YOUNG LEADER AWARD
- Nomination: possible
- According to budget: approx. CHF 25,000 payable to WTT; includes all expenses such as flights, hotels, etc.
- Detailed primary and secondary analysis
in defined Chinese market segments
- Research design
with specific definition of research objectives, target groups, survey methods, research content, etc.
- Creation of questionnaires
based on research design
- Market surveys
field-based (online, telephone, face-to-face, etc.)
desk-based with extensive research
collected data are analysed with professional tools and then interpreted
- Sales strategies and concepts for specific problems
- Conclusions and recommendations
Businesses and institutions of all sizes and from all sectors which conduct business in China or are planning to do so.
Some partner organisations
For us the cooperation with the JCSP was unique and very successful. Since it was a mixed team of Chinese and Swiss students, they had to work out solutions considering both perspectives. Supported by the Swiss and Chinese coaches the team generated great results. There are many possibilities to have external expertise for Swiss companies in China, for an unbiased, down to earth and hands on approach of global minded well-educated young professionals, JCSP is the best choice.
Stefan Hasenfratz, Executive Vice President, Asia Pacific Healthcare, Swisslog Healthcare (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.