Characterization and Failure Analysis
Coatings (Thin Films), Semiconductors, Metals, Ceramics and Microstructures
Polymers, Composites and Adhesives
We are your point of contact for investigations on metallic and ceramic materials, components and on thin single and multilayer crystalline and amorphous systems. We offer you help with quality assurance or damage analysis.
We help you to understand the chemical, physical and process-related properties of polymer materials and components and carry out damage investigations and expert reports for you.
- By using a broad range of measurement methods, various results are combined to form a complex picture.
- Surface and Layer Investigations (Surface Topography, Optical Thin Film Measurement Techniques, Examination of Coatings)
- Material Examination (Element Analysis, Material Identification, Determination of Material Properties, Mechanical Measurements, Electrical Measurements)
- Microscopic Examinations, Electron Microscopy, X-Ray Diffraction Methods
- Damage Inspections
- Optical and microscopic preparation and analysis (Light microscopy, SEM-EDX, grinding, IR microscopy)
- Chemical and Physical Analysis (thermal analysis, spectrometry, rheology, mechanical parameters)
- Damage Inspection and Troubleshooting in cooperation with colleagues from materials and surface technology and analytics
- Investigation of long-term and aging behavior
- Identity Checks, Reverse Engineering
- Quality Checks and Expert Advice