At the beginning of the project we had to learn what system boundaries are. Based on the knowledge we gained, we were able to draw up a precise overview of our robot and the individual subsystems using a mind map. This enabled us to discuss initial ideas for constructive solutions for the respective subsystems.
We created a morphological box to have all the individual ideas of the subsystems bundled on one format. In addition, we divided our team into two groups, each of which had to work out 2 concepts. Thus, each member was able to contribute his or her ideas and it allowed us to develop more unusual concepts. Afterwards we decided by voting which concept we would pursue further. In order not to bite us at a concept firmly we decided that we are not despite election procedure the other ideas from the table. This way, we could react to any problems that arose during the co-design phase.
In milestone 1c, the developed concept was fixed. From this point on, the constructive elaboration of the individual subsystems via CAD was already being worked on diligently. The intensive phase of the project now began.
In this phase one could see the first rough construction of our robot. The chassis, as well as the gripper became now from bare imagination to almost already tangible workpieces. Furthermore, the selection of the appropriate motors, the construction of the schematic, the planning of the PCB boards as well as the programming of the control system began.
In this milestone additionally by a committee of the east the individual specialist areas were examined whether the planned Constuktionen, the scheme, the PCBs as well as the program of the control were goal-prominent compiled. This made it possible to discuss and correct possible misconceptions at an early stage.
In milestone 3, the first manufactured parts were delivered and the assembly of the robot could be started. In addition, it was no longer digital schematics and PCBs but physical components that now had to be tested, soldered and fastened. In addition, the first test classes were programmed in computer science and could be fine-tuned using a test board provided.
In this milestone we prepared a report about our Harambe. With all the information about the individual components, the structure of the schematic and the PCBs, the motor design and the calculations and also the control concepts behind it. We also created a maintenance protocol to define which components need to be taken care of in order to keep Harambe running.
Still in progress.
In the final milestone, the functionality and task completion is reviewed and graded by the assigned experts. Later on, there will be a public demonstration in the G1 lecture hall of the Ost.
We would be happy to have you with us!