Karin Pfister, Betriebsökonomin FH, MBA
International Office Wirtschaft Co-Leitung International Office/Dozentin
+41 58 257 17 email@example.com
Karin is Co-Director of the International Office at the School of Management and leads the major International Management at the Bachelor level. She focuses on International Higher Education and intercultural competence development. Previously she worked as a market maker in an international sourcing company in Pittsburgh, PA, where she also earned her MBA.
Area of Expertise
- Intercultural Competencies
- International Higher Education
- Higher Education Development
- IDI - Intercultural Development Inventory, Qualified Administrator
- FHO Certificate Course in Higher Education Didactics
- MBA at RMU Robert Morris University, Pittsburgh PA, USA
- Business Administration studies at the FHS St.Gallen, University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Commercial apprenticeship at Swisscom AG and KBZ, St.Gallen
- Co-Director of International Office, School of Management
- Lecturer at the School of Management
- Head of major International Management (Bachelor level)
- Sourcing Manager at Ariba Inc., Pittsburgh, PA, US
- Projects in B2B and B2C at Swisscom, St.Gallen, Switzerland
- Intercultural Development (Bachelor Level)
- Coach for national and international student projects and Bachelor theses (Bachelor level)
- International Corporate Business Development (Master level)
- EAIE - European Association for International Education
- NAFSA - Association of International Educators
- NICE Higher Education Network - New Initiatives and Challenges for Europe
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles and Conference Proceedings
- WAIBEL, R., WEIS, F. S., METZGER, T., MINDER HOCHREUTENER, S., PFISTER, K. (2020). Evidenz von Dunning-Kruger-Effekten bei Schweizer Hochschulstudierenden. Empirische Pädagogik, 34(2), pp. 157-178.
- PFISTER, K. (2018). Meeting Presentation on "International Teamwork Competencies". 2018 NICE Conference.
- PFISTER, K., GIGER ROBINSON, E. (2021). Developing Global Skills through Virtual Exchange. NICE - New Initiatives and Challenges in Europe.