Outgoings School of Health Professions
The International Office will advise you on the offers and support you in the individual implementation of your stay abroad.
Why you should take the opportunity of a stay abroad:
- You will expand your learning opportunities and professional skills.
- You will get to know country-specific as well as transnational challenges and opportunities.
- You will deal with different learning contents and university cultures.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in international specialist discourse.
- You will gain an international and transnational view of nursing.
- You will improve your foreign language skills in a professional context.
- You can network internationally. You increase your chances on the labour market. You expand your personal competencies.
How you can cross borders and discover new things during your studies:
- A semester aborad at a partner university (at Bachelor level)
- An internship abroad
- Study trips or international courses
- Attendance of a summer school or international conference
- "Transfer Module" (at Master level)
You can realize your stay abroad from the 3rd semester of your studies. You can spend a maximum of two semesters of your studies abroad.
The International Office team will be happy to advise and assist you with your international projects. Make an appointment with us or visit the International Office on the 4th floor! You can also reach us by email: io-health(at)ost.ch.
Swiss-European Mobility Programme
On February 26th 2014, after the acceptance of the federal popular initiative "against mass immigration", the European Commission announced that Switzerland's status in Horizon 2020 and Erasmus+ would be downgraded from "Associated" to "Third country".
The Swiss Federal Council decided to develop a temporary solution to finance Switzerland's indirect participation in the EU's programme. The amount granted to incomings students and faculty members will be determined before ach avademic year and will be paid by the FHS St.Gallen. The students will continue to pay their regular home university tuition fees and remain registered there. A tuition fee will thus not have to be payed to the Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences.
Incoming students (depending on country of origin): CHF 380 - CHF 440
Incoming traineeship: CHF 440
We maintain numerous partnerships with universities in German- and English-speaking countries as well as in Southern, Northern and Eastern Europe. The current list of our partner schools can be found below. If your desired destination is not on the list, please contact the International Office to clarify the possibilities.
University of Turku
University of Haifa
Beirut Arab University
In order to be best prepared for your stay abroad, we recommend that you learn the local language first. Information about language courses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Exchange Abroad
The Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences offers its lecturers and other employees the opportunity to gain experience abroad. There are various ways of doing this, for example a teaching assignment or "job shadowing" at a partner university. The Swiss counterpart to Erasmus, the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP), provides financial support for such stays.
Are you interested? You can find more information on this topic on Moodle (section"Internationales"). You are also welcome to contact us directly: io-health(at)ost.ch.