Prof. Dr.rer.pol. Lisa Marie Giermindl
IOL Professorin für Leadership & HR
+41 58 257 14 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Marie is a Professor for Leadership and HR Management. Her research focuses on people analytics, datafication and AI as well the positive and dark side of digitalization in workplace settings and the future of work. She teaches classes leadership, innovative HR management, organizational behaviour and change management. Previously, she worked in different fields of HR Management for multinational companies and held multiple leadership roles in Talent Acquisition. She holds a Ph.D. in digital transformation from the University of Passau and explored the impact of social media and digital technologies on organisational collaboration and performance.
Area of Expertise
- Transformation of work and future skills
- People Analytics, AI and datafication
- Implications of digital technologies and social media
- Leadership and the future of work & HR
-Ph.D. in Digital Transformation and Leadership, University of Passau, Germany
- Triple Diploma Degree in International Business and Cultural Studies, Universities of Passau, Limerick (Ireland) and Granada (Spain)
- Systemic Business Trainer, University of Augsburg, Germany
-Professor for Leadership and HR, Competence Center Leadership and HR
- Project Lead qualitative and/or quantitative research projects with a focus on analytics, future skills, HR and career management
- Team Lead Talent Acquisition and Executive Search
- Leadership (Undergraduate Level)
- HR Management and Development (Undergraduate Level)
- Organizational Behaviour (Undergraduate Level)
- Human Resoures & Change Management in Crises (Graduate Level)
- Innovative HR Management (Executive MBA)
- Advisor for student projects, master and bachelor thesis -Teaching classes at diverse universities (Munich, Budapest, Passau, etc)
-Research project "Predictive HR Analytics" (Innosuisse funded), which aims to promote predictive people Analytics in Swiss companies and to contribute to a sustainable development of analytics competencies in HR departments, Project partners: HR-Campus, Helvetia, La Prairie, Manor, Siemens
-Research project "Women on boards of directors and executive committees of medium-sized companies: Solutions for sustainable advancement" (EBG funded)
-Research project "Late Careers: Career 50+" (Innosuisse funded)Project partners: Allianz Suisse, Bâloise, CSS, KSBL, KSSG and University of Applied Science North West Switzerland
-Research project "Future Workforce Ecosystem", Project partners: Stadler, Stutz, Thurgauer Kantonalbank, NRP Ingenieure, CubeServe, Ellenbroek, Hugentobler Elektro & Telematik, Smarter Thurgau, meinthurgau.ch;
-Research project "Mindfulness in Care Institutions", Project partners: Mindfulness Swiss Association
Association for Information Systems (AIS)
Academy of Management (AOM)
Editorials and Reviewing
Reviewer for the following journals:
- European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS)
- Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS)
Reviewer for the following academic conferences
- International Conference on Informations Systems (ICIS)
- European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- European Academy of Management (EURAM)
- European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS)
Ph.D. summa cum laude (1.0)
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles and Conference Proceedings
- GIERMINDL, L. M., STRICH, F., CHRIST, O., LEICHT-DEOBALD, U., REDZEPI, A. (2021). The dark sides of people analytics: reviewing the perils for organisations and employees. European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS), pp. 1-26.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., OLBERT-BOCK, S., BEGANOVIC, N., ZÖLCH, M., GRAF, A., DORNEMANN, S. (2020). Socially competent but a technical dummy? Analysing stereotypes about older employees in the face of digitalisation. European Group for Organizational Studies.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., OLBERT-BOCK, S., BEGANOVIC, N., GRAF, A., ZÖLCH, M., DORNEMANN, S. (2020). Investigating stereotypes about older employees and their perception of discrimination in the face of digitalisation. euram.
- BISCHOF, N., OLBERT-BOCK, S., GIERMINDL, L. M. (2019). Slow and steady wins the race? – Organizational Career Advancement for Women 45+. Paper presented at the 35th EGOS Colloquium, July 4–6, 2019 Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., REDZEPI, A., CHRIST, O., OLBERT-BOCK, S. (2019). Creating Value with Predictive HR Analytics. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., OLBERT-BOCK, S. (2019). Looking at the dark side of Enterprise Social Media. Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems . Stockholm, Sweden.
- OLBERT-BOCK, S., REDZEPI, A., GIERMINDL, L. M., CLOOTS, A. M. (2019). Sustainable Leadership im Spannungsfeld zwischen Nutzung und Erhaltung von Ressourcen. 5th CR3+ Conference. Open Education Platform for Management Schools.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., STRICH, F., FIEDLER, M. (2018). How Do They Differ? Analyzing the Motivations of Posters and Lurkers for Participation in Enterprise Social Networks. Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA), pp. 89-120.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., STRICH, F., FIEDLER, M. (2018). Do Enterprise Social Networks really Enhance our Performance? Exploring the Relationship between Usage Practices and Individual Task Performance. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems, pp. 1-17. San Francisco, USA.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., STRICH, F., FIEDLER, M. (2018). Improving Digital Collaboration: Understanding the challenges of Enterprise Social Networks and employees' suggestions for improvement. In European Academy of Management (Ed.). European Academy of Management Proceedings.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., STRICH, F., FIEDLER, M. (2017). Why do you NOT use the Enterprise Social Network? Analyzing Non-Users' reasons through the lens of Affordances. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems. Seoul, South Korea.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., STRICH, F., FIEDLER, M. (2017). Do Enterprise Social Networks increase productivity or lead to information overload? Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems. Boston, USA.
- GIERMINDL, L. M., STRICH, F., FIEDLER, M. (2017). Posters versus Lurkers-Analyzing the Motivations for Participation in Enterprise Social Networks. Academy of Management. Academy of Management Proceedings.
Books and Research Monographs
- GIERMINDL, L. M. (2019). Lost in Digital Transformation? The role of Enterprise Social Networks in facilitating digital collaboration., Passau, Germany.
- CHRIST, O., GIERMINDL, L. M., REDZEPI, A. (2019). HR Analytics. 2. St.Galler New Work Forum Digital Human Work - eine Utopie.