Coffee Lectures: Polymers for the Future
Plastics play a key role in many technologies that help secure our future. At the same time, future generations should be able to live free of plastic waste. This can be achieved through circular design and smart use of plastics. Be inspired and explore innovative solutions in microtechnology, electronics and other exciting applications together with our esteemed speakers.
New Series Spring/Summer Semester 2023
Coffee Lectures are free online sessions, in German language/partly in English. Once a month on Wednesday at 13:30 – 14:30.
15.03.2023: Sustainability approaches for polymers
- Emmanuel Logakis, ABB Corporate Research Center: Life Cycle Assessments – A method to assess environmental impacts and to facilitate business & strategic decision making
- Arno Maurer, Institute for Microtechnology and Photonics, OST: Optionen auf dem Weg zu einer nachhaltigen Medizintechnik, Mikroelektronik und Sensorik
19.04.2023: Polymers in future energy technologies
- Xavier Crispin, Laboratory of Organic Electronics, Linköping University: The biopolymer lignin in energy storage applications
- Roudabeh Valiollahi, Institute for Microtechnology and Photonics, OST: Electrochemical hydrogen production on a metal-free polymer
17.05.2023: Sophisticated materials
- Martyn Wakeman, Laboratory for Processing of Advanced Composites, EPFL: Scenario modelling of the carbon fiber industry in the transition to NetZero2050
- Murielle Schreck, Dep. Materialwissenschaft, ETH/qCella: Wie bringt man Biopolymere zum Heizen?
21.06.2023: Scenarios and simulations - how ecological are plastic products and recycling processes?
- Magdalena Klotz, Departement Bau, Umwelt und Geomatik, ETHZ: Kann unser heutiges Plastik-Recycling tatsächlich Neuware-Herstellung vermeiden?
- Tobias Bodenmüller, Medmix AG: Sustainability in the Digital Development Process
An event in cooperation with
Kindly supported by:
You can find past topics here.
Participation is free of charge for you. After registering, you will receive access to all dates with a Microsoft Teams link, which you are welcome to attend individually. We are looking forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions, please contact Arno Maurer