Expand your knowledt: Learn from scratch how to realize innovative products with light-based technologies. We train you to become interdisciplinary thinking and acting photonics experts.
Practical Study: Due to the intensive contacts of the lecturers to industry and research, you will benefit from up-to-date learning content. You will directly apply the theoretical principles you have learned in practice-relevant projects - this is your unique selling point on the job market.
Ready for the future: After completing your studies, you will have all the necessary tools for a successful career in research and development, management or marketing.
At a Glance
Master of Science in Engineering in Photonics
3 semesters full-time
- Modern laser based precision manufacturing
- Optical Metrology and Image Processing
- Optoelectronics and Electrooptics
- Design and modeling of photonic systems
Buchs/Rapperswil: choose your prefered location for your specialisation
Zurich: Theory and context modules
- ESA Institut für Elektronik, Sensorik und Aktorik
- IMP Institut für Mikrotechnik und Photonik
- IMES Institute for Micro Elektronics and Embedded Systems
Preferred Bachelor’s degrees
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Microtechnology
- BSc in Material and Process Engineering
- BSc in System Engineering
- BSc in Photonics
Other qualifications: Portfolio admission possible
Theory and context modules in English, Specialisation in German or English