Heat pumps and refrigeration technology are the main research areas of the IES. Idea and concept studies, development of prototypes, laboratory and field measurements for (miniature) heat pumps, low-temperature systems and other special vapor compression processes are part of the offer.
- Low temperature applications down to -105°C
- Simulation of refrigerators
- Transcritical CO2 heat pumps for steam generation
- Vacuum evaporation
- Quickly heated and cooled reactors
- Air conditioning of different vehicles (e.g. electric cars, helicopters, lift gondolas, trains)
Thermodynamics - innovative approaches
The heat pump and refrigeration technology industry needs innovation, not just detailed improvements. New ideas for the integration of heating and cooling systems and the design of components are necessary. The IES accompanies projects through conception, design, simulation, laboratory and field measurements from the first idea to the prototype.