SPF Testing – Mobile PV-Lab
In case of reduced performance or for quality control, with the mobile PV-Lab, photovoltaic modules can be extensively tested directly on site. We are pleased to present some of our current offers to you.
Location-independent and accurate performance analysis of solar modules, performed with our mobile PV-Lab
With the help of characteristic curve (I/U), electroluminescence, infrared and HighPot measurements, hidden defects are made visible – reliably, quickly and precisely. This allows weak points and risks to be uncovered before modules fail or safety is compromised.
I/U Characteristic curve measurement
By measuring the current-voltage characteristic, the power of the modules is determined under standard test conditions and at different irradiance levels. In addition, irregularities in the characteristic curve are detected.
- Full-Spectrum-Long-Pulse LED Flasher
- Spectrum: Class A+ according to IEC 60904 Ed2
- Illumination instability: < +/- 0.25 % class A+ according to IEC 60904 Ed2
- Local inhomogeneity: < +/- 2 % class A according to IEC 60904 Ed2
- Power measurement: better +/- 3 % possible
- Irradiance: 200 – 1200 W/m²
High-resolution electroluminescence images make inactive areas and microcracks on cells visible to the human eye.
- 2 MBJ NIR-CCD cameras, cooled
- approx. 300 μm/pixel (corresponds to approx. 20 MPixel per module)
The integrated thermal imaging camera enables the detection of diode faults and hotspots by viewing the live image.
- Optris-based MBJ IR Kamera
- 160 x 120 pixel
- Live image display on 24“ monitor
High voltage testing can detect insulation and grounding faults that can easily become a safety hazard.
- Connection and diode test
- Test of continuity of grounding according to IEC 61730-2 / MST 13
- Test current up to 30 A, resistance measurement between all four frame parts
- Insulation test according to IEC 61730-2 / MST 16
- Test voltage up to 6 kV, test for currents < 50 μA
- Insulation resistance test under wetting according to IEC 61730-2 / MST 17 (optional)